Moist and Delicious Banana Coconut Bread
I feel like banana bread is like a staple quick-bread recipe for most people. It is the go-to quick-bread recipe, and for good reason. It is simple and delicious. Today I’m sharing with you my twist on the classic with my Banana Coconut Bread recipe.
This Banana Coconut Bread is moist and sweet with a lovely blend of banana and coconut flavours. To take it one step further, I added chocolate chips. Adding chocolate takes this to a whole other level. Banana and chocolate make a delicious combo. Coconut and chocolate, yes please! Mix all three together and BAM! – irressistable. I can’t get enough.
It is simple and easy to prepare this Banana Coconut Bread. Here is to bake up your own loaf:
First, you will need to prepare your dry ingredients. So get your large mixing bowl and whisk the flour, coconut flakes, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices together. You want to make sure all those spices are well combined and distributed. Don’t leave any little pockets of spices!
Second, use a separate mixing bowl for your wet ingredients. Just throw it all in there.
TIP: Since we are using melted coconut oil you will want to add this in last so that it does not re-solidify on you.
Third, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is well combined. You will then fold in those delicious chocolate chips! Next, transfer the batter to your loaf pan and bake. Then it’s time to enjoy.
HAVE YOU MADE THIS BANANA COCONUT BREAD?
If you made this bread let me know! I would love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment! You can also tag me on Instagram @thelittlemomaid or use the hashtag #thelittlemomaid.
LOOKING FOR MORE?
Now, here is the recipe! Happy Baking!
Banana Coconut Bread
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 55-60mins Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon all-spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup very ripe bananas, mashed (3 bananas)
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9X5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, coconut flakes, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, all-spice, and ground cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk bananas, milk, sugar, eggs and coconut oil. You want to add the oil last so that it does not solidify.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Next fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Once you’ve removed the bread from the oven, let it cool slightly in the pan. Then using the parchment paper lift out the bread and let it cool completely on a rack.