30 Minute Easy Black Bean Soup
Easy Black Bean Soup
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read through my Disclosure Policy here for more info.
It is getting chillier and chillier with each passing day. As the temperature cools down outside, it is heating up in my kitchen. I love having a nice hot meal on a cold day to warm the family up. The Easy Black Bean Soup recipe I am sharing with you today is one such meal; a hot bowl of soup to warm the home and your tummy.
In about 30 minutes you can have this Easy Black Bean Soup ready to serve your family. This no-fuss recipe is so simple to throw together.
Let’s get started:
First, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Stir in the garlic powder, hot chili powder, cumin and paprika. Cook these spices in the oil until they become fragrant.
Second, toss in the onion and mushrooms. Do not worry about cutting them too small. A rough chop is all you need because they will be pureed. Once you have added the onion and mushroom to the pan, coat them with the spice mixture, sprinkle in some salt and pepper, and cook for a couple of minutes.
Third, pour in black beans, salsa, and chicken broth. If you want to make this a vegetarian soup, use vegetable broth. Bring the soup to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Next, add in the frozen corn and let it warm up.
Fourth, get your immersion blender and puree the soup until it has a smooth consistency.
If you wish you can garnish the Black Bean Soup with some sour cream and sprinkle on finely sliced green onion. Delicious!
What are some of your favourite family meals and recipes to warm your bones on a cold day? Write me a line below to share your thoughts!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If so, please leave a comment below! I would love to hear what you think! You can also tag me on Instagram @thelittlemomaid or use the hashtag #thelittlemomaid.
LOOKING FOR MORE?
Easy Black Bean Soup
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins Servings: 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 – 19oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup salsa, medium heat (or whichever you prefer)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Sour cream or plain yoghurt with sliced green onion or cilantro
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in a large saucepan. Stir in the spices, except for the salt and pepper, and cook until it becomes fragrant. Next, stir in the onion and mushroom. Coat with the spices, then add in the salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, stir in the salsa, chicken broth and black beans. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add in the frozen corn and cook for another 2 minutes. Using an immersion blender puree the soup until it is smooth.
- Finally, serve the soup with a dollop of plain yoghurt or sour cream and sprinkle on diced green onion or cilantro.