10 Amazing Alphabet Books
When your child is ready to learn the alphabet it is an exciting new chapter! A perfect way to introduce your child to the alphabet is through books. Alphabet books are great tools to have children explore and learn their letters. I am sharing with you a list of 10 wonderful alphabet books to read with your little ones to help them learn their ABCs and encourage a love of reading.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Page here for more details.
1. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin and John Archambault is favourite in our house. It is a fun book that will help your child learn her lowercase letters. The letters are climbing to the top of the coconut tree but they are much too heavy! They all fall down… BOOM!
2. LMNO Peas by Keith Baker is a darling book that teaches the alphabet as well as a variety of careers and jobs.
3. ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book by Dr. Seuss is a book that is sure to please your little one. This book is in keeping with the Dr. Seuss we know and love. It is whimsical and playful. I also enjoy its simplicity, the use of repetition, and that kids learn both uppercase and lowercase letters.
4. Max’s ABC by Rosemary Wells tells the story of the events following the escape of Max’s ants from his ant farm! Each letter of the alphabet helps to recount what happens next in the story.
5. A to Z by Sandra Boynton is a fun and simple book with cute illustrations. The book goes through the alphabet with silly animals and their actions.
6. Z is for Moose by Kelly Bingham will certainly give you and your child a good laugh. The moose desperately wants to be included in the ABC show and can’t seem to wait his turn!
7. Eating the Alphabet by Lois Ehlert is a compilation of fruits and vegetables from A to Z.
8. Q is for Duck: An Alphabet Guessing Game by Michael Folsom is a great book to teach the alphabet but also to get kids thinking and making connections. Q is for Duck because they quack!
9. AlphaOops: The Day Z Went First by Alethea Kontis is a funny alphabet book. The letter Z shakes things up by wanting to go first! The other letters also want to change up the order and chaos ensues!
10. The Sleepy Little Alphabet by Judy Sierra is about the little letters that do everything they can to put off going to bed!
Want to save this for later? Pin it!