Watermelon Paper Plate Craft for Toddlers and Preschool
Do you and your kiddos love a refreshing slice of watermelon? Well, I may not be able to offer you a fresh slice of watermelon but how about a quick and easy watermelon craft your toddler or preschool kids can enjoy? This Watermelon Paper Plate Craft is perfect for the summer time and is a creative art project to incorporate in your summer themed activities.
Watermelon Paper Plate Craft
- Paper plate
- Red or pink construction paper or cardstock
- Green construction paper or cardstock
- Black marker
The great part about this watermelon craft is that requires little prep and you are likely to have the materials on hand.
- Cut the paper plate in half.
- Cut the red and green cardstock into strips then cut into smaller squares that are simple for little ones to pick up on their own.
- Place the green pieces in one pile and the red in another.
- Place glue along the curve (bottom part) of the paper plate and glue on the green squares. This part is the watermelon rind.
- Next, add glue to the rest of the paper plate and glue on the red squares.
- Finally, using a black marker add dots on some of the red squares to look like watermelon seeds.
Now you have an adorable watermelon paper plate craft your toddler or preschool kids can proudly display!
I hope your children enjoy creating this craft as much as my girls did! I would love to see how they turned out!
Happy crafting and enjoy the gorgeous summer weather!