Build A Turkey Craft for Kids With Free Template
Are you looking for a fun kids’ craft for Thanksgiving? This build-a-turkey craft is fun and simple to create. It is perfect as a Thanksgiving craft or as a farm-themed craft!
This adorable build-a-turkey craft is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and early elementary-aged children. They will have fun coloring, cutting, and building their very own turkey.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of the links. Please see my Disclosure Page here for more details.
There are 2 versions included in this build-a-turkey craft. There is a color option and a black-and-white option.
- The first version is in black and white. This is ideal for kids who enjoy coloring. After coloring, cut out the pieces and glue them together.
- The second version comes in color. This is perfect for kids who aren’t big on coloring and just want to cut out, build, and glue together their little turkey.
- Make Your Own Turkey craft template PDF (download form is at the end of this post)
- White printing paper or cardstock
- Coloring supplies (crayons, markers, or coloring pencils)
- Glue stick
How To Make Your Own Turkey Craft
- Print out the color or the black and white version of the turkey craft template.
- Encourage your child to be creative! They can use any colors they like and just have fun with it!
- Cut out all the pieces.
- Glue the pieces together.
How to Assemble Your Build-a-Turkey Craft
After the template is colored in and cut out, it is time to put the turkey together.
- Start by gluing the beak below the eyes.
- Next, glue the wings on either side of the body.
- Center, and glue a feather behind the turkey’s head.
- Next, glue 2 more feathers on the left side of the turkey. Repeat on the right side.
Take a Picture
Has your child made this sweet little build-a-turkey craft? If so I would love to see how it turned out! You can share it on Instagram and use the hashtag #thelittlemomaid or tag @thelittlemomaid!
More Fall Crafts:
- Spookley the Square Pumpkin Craft
- Free Printable Leaf Templates
- Make Your Own Scarecrow Craft
- Halloween Pumpkin Craft
- Build a Pumpkin Pie Craft
Turkey and Thanksgiving Books for Kids
- How to Catch a Turkey by Adam Wallace
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey by Lucille Colandro
- 10 Thankful Turkeys by Angela Muse
Thanksgiving Learning Activities
I love to incorporate seasonal learning activities in our home. Check out these ideas, activities, and printables to keep the fun and learning going!
Sensory Play Ideas
Sensory play and sensory activities are great for kids. They are not only fun but are great for kids to explore, experiment, and learn.
This Thanksgiving/Fall Sensory Bin from Toddler at Play is simple and quick to put together. Toddlers will have so much fun getting their hands in there!
And what is Thanksgiving without a little pumpkin pie? I, myself love a nice slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top! 😉 Over at The Unprepared Mommy you can find a recipe for Pumpkin Pie Moon sand.
These Thanksgiving Color by Letter Coloring Pages are a great way for preschool and kindergarten-aged kids to learn the letters of the alphabet and build fine motor skills.
These free Thanksgiving Tracing Pages are also great for preschoolers and kindergarteners to practice pre-writing skills.
Science is so fascinating and your kids will be amazed with this Magical Dancing Corn Experiment from Little Bins for Little Hands.
Another neat STEM activity is the Sink or Float Thanksgiving Dinner Activity over at Happy Toddler Playtime.
If your kid is learning their numbers and loves puzzles these Fall Number Puzzles from The Stem Laboratory are for them!
These Turkey Shape Clip Cards are a fun matching activity for preschool and kindergarten kids to learn their shapes.
Free Build-a-Turkey Craft Template
- These are strictly for personal use at home or in a single classroom.
- My work may not be sold or redistributed in any way.
- Please share by linking to this page.
- All downloads provided are copyright-protected.
I hope you and your kids enjoy creating this Spookley the Square Pumpkin craft!