Mummy Paper Plate Craft
I know it is a little early to start thinking about Halloween but at my house we love Halloween! My kids enjoy decorating for Halloween, creating fun crafts, dressing up, trick-or-treating, and of course eating candy. My youngest daughter has been asking me for the past week to make a mummy craft! So today I’m sharing with you a fun mummy paper plate craft.
This mummy craft is also great for young kids to build their fine motor skills. Wrapping the yarn will work those little fingers. My daughter was so focused as she wrapped and tucked the yarn!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of the links. Please see my Disclosure Page here for more details.
- Paper plate
- Black paint
- Paint brush
- Ball of white yarn
- Glue stick
- 2 big googly eyes
RELATED: Acorn Craft for Kids
- Paint the paper plate black.
- When the paint is dry, cut slits all around the paper plate. The slits will hold the yarn in place.
- Turn over the paper plate and tape the end of the yarn to it.
- Flip the paper plate back over and begin to wrap the yarn through the slits. Wrap the yarn from side to side, then top to bottom or any which way. Just wrap the yarn around trying to cover a lot of the black .
- Glue on the googly eyes. You can glue them on the yarn or tuck them under so it looks like they are poking through.
Have fun making this yarn mummy paper plate craft! My daughter had so much fun wrapping the yarn! I think we will make and share more yarn crafts in the future 😉
Happy crafting friends 🙂