Watermelon Paper Plate Craft for Toddlers and Preschool
Do you and your kiddos love a refreshing slice of watermelon? Well, I may not be able to offer you a fresh slice of watermelon but how about a quick and easy watermelon craft your toddler or preschool kids can enjoy? This Watermelon Paper Plate Craft is perfect for the summer time and is a creative art project to incorporate in your summer themed activities.
Watermelon Paper Plate Craft
- Paper plate
- Red or pink construction paper or cardstock
- Green construction paper or cardstock
- Black marker
The great part about this watermelon craft is that requires little prep and you are likely to have the materials on hand.
- Cut the paper plate in half.
- Cut the red and green cardstock into strips then cut into smaller squares that are simple for little ones to pick up on their own.
- Place the green pieces in one pile and the red in another.
- Place glue along the curve (bottom part) of the paper plate and glue on the green squares. This part is the watermelon rind.
- Next, add glue to the rest of the paper plate and glue on the red squares.
- Finally, using a black marker add dots on some of the red squares to look like watermelon seeds.
RELATED: Watermelon Activities and Centers
Now you have an adorable watermelon paper plate craft your toddler or preschool kids can proudly display!
I hope your children enjoy creating this craft as much as my girls did! I would love to see how they turned out!
Happy crafting and enjoy the gorgeous summer weather!